“Helen has played an influential part of growing my business and was always available on the phone or email. She has presented my company with great opportunities for exposure, on a much bigger scale, as well as generating great contacts and additional customers though my door.”
Jayke Mangion, Owner/Partner of www.wcclapham.co.uk, Brickwood Coffee & Bread, www.Joepublicpizza.com and www.Powderkegdiplomacy.co.uk
Wandsworth is in direct competition with neighbouring boroughs; Richmond, Merton, Lambeth, Kingston Upon Thames and easily accessible to central London.
The more we could encourage people to eat and drink and work in the borough the better it was for the local economy. For the cafes, bars and restaurants, for local residents it boosted employment options in this area, and brought more people in to spend money locally.
The growth of food businesses in Wandsworth would help boost revenue, increase employment, create more economies of scale working across the community. A free specialist business support programme would allow businesses to gain access and learn the foodie business skills and gain access to the tools they needed to ensure their longevity while safeguarding local employee positions.
- To create a robust and specialised food business support programme for pre-starts, start-ups and SME’s.
- Build a brand to engage in the community.
- Promote the brand promoting the support on offer advertising it across the borough.
- Develop a marketing strategy to promote the brand on and offline.
- To build a foodie community and to focus on the importance of a local economy; a key part was encouraging more people to eat and drink in the borough and to encourage small businesses to work together.
- To connect people in to a community enabling them to collaborate and support each other on their journey. It was important to support the business community and put Wandsworth on the map as a food destination of choice in SW London.
- To identify and work with key experts to roll out key subject matter expert workshops.
- Built partnerships with local large businesses, 3rd level colleges, Universities, local authority Town Centre Managers, New Covent Garden market, Chamber of Commerce and all key stakeholders.
Let’s Build a Legacy Together!
Our bespoke business support programmes are a brilliant way for you to support local businesses in your borough or showcase corporate social responsibility in action, give something back and keep enterprise alive in your community.
We have a successful track record running business support programmes across a wide variety of industries. Get in touch to find out more.