In the 10 months that the programme has run, we have built a stable and strong network of tech professionals in the borough.
We are thrilled with the feedback from the community members who are delighted to now have a regular network in Wandsworth where they can attend to meet with their tech peers and hear about the latest trends in technology.
We have seen the interest in the network accelerating and as our marketing expanded we have seen the number of people join increase.
We have received excellent support from existing businesses in the network and we have seen through our feedback forms that the events have really helped tech businesses grow and create new connections.
Members were very impressed that the initiative was funded by the council and were very appreciative. Many people commented that they liked the fact that they didn’t have to travel to East London to meet other tech enthusiasts so loved that it was local.
Enable Wandsworth based businesses to access appropriate support provided by other public funded programmes or commercial providers. To do this we needed to address key barriers to developing or growing the tech enterprise.
We wanted to enhance skills or knowledge in key emerging tech sectors and themes and provide a platform for networking, sharing of knowledge, access to expert advice, mentoring and support.
From our experience collaboration is key so we bought together experienced and novice tech enterprises to encourage skill sharing and problem-solving masterminds. This approach created a legacy of a self-sustaining networking with strong leadership and a regular schedule of meetings and events that we are pleased to say is still growing beyond the lifetime of this initial project.
What we did
- To create a robust and specialised food business support programme for pre-starts, start-ups and SME’s.
- Build a brand to engage in the community.
- Promote the brand promoting the support on offer advertising it across the borough.
- Develop a marketing strategy to promote the brand on and offline.
- To build a foodie community and to focus on the importance of a local economy; a key part was encouraging more people to eat and drink in the borough and to encourage small businesses to work together.
- To connect people in to a community enabling them to collaborate and support each other on their journey. It was important to support the business community and put Wandsworth on the map as a food destination of choice in SW London.
- To identify and work with key experts to roll out key subject matter expert workshops.
- Built partnerships with local large businesses, 3rd level colleges, Universities, local authority Town Centre Managers, New Covent Garden market, Chamber of Commerce and all key stakeholders.
At CPG we’re proud of the genuine impact we have on the businesses we help. You can read about some of those success stories below.
Do you want a similar outcome? Contact us today.
Let’s Build a Legacy Together!
Our bespoke business support programmes are a brilliant way for you to support local businesses in your borough or showcase corporate social responsibility in action, give something back and keep enterprise alive in your community.
We have a successful track record running business support programmes across a wide variety of industries. Get in touch to find out more.